An event we are working on right now to vote for the sassiest migrant workers. This is to promote the image of migrant workers and showcase their diverse talents, so they are not reduced to just a figure. Will share results when they come out Details here.最新消息 by halfthesky
❖ 联系方式视频 by halfthesky
Article excerpted from New Workers’ Art Troupe’s website：http://www.dashengchang.org.cn/Article/ShowInfo.asp?ID=884
July 5, 2012, the New Workers’ Art Troupe performed at Half The Sky Public Education’s fundraiser at Central’s Grappas Cellar. It is to raise funds for a women migrant workers’ public education project.
They performed original songs including, “The Year When I Left My Village”, “Song for Workers”, “My Name is Jin Feng”. They hope the Hong Kong public can find out more about migrant workers’ lives through their songs. Their songs can be found here (most songs have translated english lyrics): http://www.dashengchang.org.cn/Article/ShowClass.asp?ID=579
This event is to raise money for Half The Sky Public Education’s new project to serve women migrant workers. Half The Sky Public Education and the New Workers’ Art Troupe have worked together before in producing music videos for Duan Yu. The band waived all performance fees and all proceeds of the event are donated to Half The Sky Public Education.最新消息, 活动预告 by halfthesky
演出 Performer：「新工人藝術團」樂隊/ New Workers Art Troupe
特別嘉賓 Special Guest: 「人山人海」唱作人黃靖/ Jing Wong @ PMPS
July 5 (Thursday) 8:30pm-10pm
Grappa’s Cellar, Central
$180 Advanced/ $230 At the Door (Includes one drink 含飲料乙杯)
2. Deposit the money into our China Bank Account 把款項匯到我們的中國銀行戶口: 0128-1610-240-167
Then email your name and receipt to 然後把收據聯同個人資料發電郵到 email@example.com
Starting from November 25, 2011, Half The Sky Public Education in collaboration with UNWomen are promoting two public service advertisements through TV, public transport mobile media and the Internet.
The two 15-second PSAs are part of a nation-wide campaign in collaboration with UN Women to encourage the public to knock on a neighbor’s door when they hear domestic violence.
This campaign was made possible with Bleu Arc Pictures Productions who filmed the advertisements and Shaanxi Women Research Institute who helped with distribution in Shaanxi.
In the first stage of the campaign, the PSAs have reached 9 million people.
The campaign was reported by a few medias and publications. It also started a lively dialogue on the intervention of domestic violence. See what people are saying on the micro-blogs:
According to HIV epidemic estimation published by Ministry of Health, in 2009, the estimated number of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in China was 740,000, and 15% of them were infected by their spouses.
To better understand the issue of spousal transmission of HIV and its influencing factors, a survey was conducted in six cities/counties in Yunnan, Henan, Sichuan, Guangxi and Chongqing in 2011. The survey included a quantitative survey among 771 HIV serodiscordant couples (72.2% are HIV positive husband and HIV negative wife), qualitative interviews with medical staff including the CDC staff, HIV serodiscordant couples and people living with HIV/AIDS infected through male homosexual contact and their female spouses.
1. An increasing trend toward spousal transmission of HIV.
2. Proportion of PLWHA that disclose their HIV status themselves to their spouses is low in survey areas. The form of spousal notification is influenced by gender, transmission mode, and local policies.
3. Spouses of PLWHA raised their self-awareness of spousal transmission of HIV after being informed. The awareness levels varied among different genders of PLWHA and their spouses.
4. Most HIV serodiscordant couples reduced the frequency of sex after the HIV status was disclosed, but the rate of condom use is still low due to several influencing factors including accessibility of information, services and condoms, frequency of sex, education level, traditional practices and having or not having children.
5. Female spouses had less power in the sexual relationship, which increase their risk of HIV infection through spousal transmission.
May 5 Beijing – Intimate Violence & Power of the Commununity – Public Forum, Forum Theatre and Photo Exhibitionon Apr 29 in News by halfthesky